DigiLEAD – “Supporting School leaders to build a digital transformation strategy”
Updated: Mar 31, 2022
The project DigiLEAD – “Supporting School leaders to build a digital transformation strategy”, funded by the National ERASMUS+ Agency, started on 1 January 2022. The project is coordinated by the INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (ITD), Bulgaria and has duration of 24 months (01.01.2022 – 01.01.2024). The following project partners are involved in all activities:
● CENTRE FOR ADVANCEMENT OF RESEARCH AND DEthe VELOPMENT IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY LTD- CARDET (CARDET), Cyprus;
● KENTRO MERIMNAS OIKOGENEIAS KAI PAIDIOU (KMOP), Greece;
● Regional Directorate for Primary and Secondary Education of Attica (RDPSEA), Greece;
● MUNICIPIO DE LOUSADA, Portugal;
● EDEX - EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE CORPORATION LIMITED (UNIC), Cyprus;
● EUROPEAN SCHOOL HEADS ASSOCIATION (ESHA), Netherlands.
The main goal of DigiLEAD is to support digital transformation of schools in the partner countries. The following specific objectives are determined:
● Support School leaders and staff to develop a digital strategy;
● Develop school leadership teams competencies for leveraging free digital tools and resources for school improvement;
● Develop a practical toolkit aligned with the DigCompEdu, with practical, step-by-step guides on how to design and deploy a strategy;
● Adapt and use the SELFIE and TET-SAT tools to support the digital strategy development.
● Develop the digital skills of school leadership teams and teachers.
The project is targeted at school leaders, teachers, learning designers, educational technologists, support staff and policy makers. Participation in this project will benefit the target groups in terms of improving their skills for strategic digital transformation. This will result in promoting learners’ digital capacities, sustaining the goal of the European Skills Agenda to develop the basic skills of people. Subsequently, the expected outcomes of the DigiLEAD project are:
● Improved capacity of schools and education systems for digital transformation
● Improved competencies for school leadership teams, teachers and school staff to develop digital transformation strategies
● Improved capacity of schools and education systems to engage in online education. - Improved understanding of parents on the factors influencing successful online learning and their role
● Improved learners’ capacity to learn online
The following Intellectual Outputs are approved by the Erasmus+ National Agency:
● Digital transformation Strategy Toolkit for School leaders: ITD supported by CARDET will prepare the practical toolkit, with the guide and self-assessment tool with all partners' contribution.
● Training course for School Leaders on developing digital transformation strategies: UNIC will work with partners to develop the training package. The implementation of this result includes a Learning/Teaching/Training Activity (LTTA), where 4 representatives from each partner country will be trained, return to their countries and deliver the training program to 20 school leaders.
● eLearning platform with mobile app on leading with technology: KMOP will design the eLearning platform/mobile app. The content will be developed by all partners comprising interactive learning materials, with gamified characteristics, relevant to the needs of the project.
● Collection of case studies and policy recommendations: A concrete EU policy recommendation will be prepared under the guidance of UNIC and ESHA, to promote the integration of strategies for digital transformation.